The first day at ERE is always about networking and getting to know the community. Monday started with a “Meet the Speakers and Writers” where attendees, sponsors, and other speakers had the fun opportunity to meet a bunch of the speakers and several of the regular ERE.net writers.
We spotted a purple squirrel in the ferns!
Not only was the networking great but people were literally whiteboarding and solving challenges with the amazing talent in the room.
There was an incredible roaming magician!
Here are a few great reasons why attendees are here to learn:
How the night ended
After the meet-the-speakers-and-writers was the welcome reception (which had amazing food and beverages BTW), which was a continuation of the conversations started. Everyone had so much fun. The hotel space is beautiful and after-hours people gathered in the Marina restaurant to keep talking shop and enjoying time together.
What’s in store for Tuesday and Wednesday
- Scale? Scale. Scale! – Janice Bryant-Howroyd
- Be Fierce – Gretchen Carlson
- 12 Guiding Principles for Recruiting Success – Roselyn Connor
- Solving For “X”- The 12 Guiding Principles for Business Success – David Watson
- The State of the Profession – Tom Darrow
- What’s Next – Steve Levy
Find and Attract the Best
- A Search for the Best Interviewer in Our Company – Graeme Johnson
- #RecruitHuman: Reverse Engineering Talent Sleuthing – Jo Weech
- Recruiters: Boost Your Emotional Intelligence – Dr. Charles Handler and Caroline Stokes
- How Our Hospital Is Previewing the Future Role of Talent Acquisition – Molly Weaver
- If You Build It, They Will Come: Personal and Professional Branding for Talent Attraction – Steve Crider
- How to Be a Proactive, Not Reactive Talent Department – Angela Bortolussi
- DIY Scaling: Hiring, Marketing, Expansion, and Culture – Andii Lee
- What Happened When Unilever Blew Up Its Campus Hiring – Katie Rob Ambrose
- How to NOT fail your candidates – Sief Khafagi, Engineering Recruiter, Facebook
- Seeing 360 Degrees of Your Employer Brand – James Ellis
- Machine Learning/AI Roles Will Dominate Your Firm / How Recruiting Must Prepare – Dr. John Sullivan
- Building a “Glocal” Future Talent Program – The Insights, the Challenges, and the Tech-Based Solutions – Michael Lake
- Blockchain – What’s It All About & Why You Should Care – Kevin Wheeler
- The Future of Video in Recruitment – Audra Knight
- Professional Vulnerability — The Future of Connection – Mike “Batman” Cohen
- Bull Session – David Barlaam, Steve Levy, Tangie Pettis, and Jason Roberts
Take the Helm (Leaders)
- How to Recruit Better by Getting Out of Our Own Way – John Vlastelica
- 3 Steps to Transform Talent Acquisition – Melissa Thompson
- How Talent-acquisition Helped Reduce the Time it Takes to Buy a Car – John Perez
- How Your Recruiting Team Can Consult to Your Business Units – Tina Bright and Sean Rehder
- Combatting the Amazon Effect: How The Container Store Attracts Top Talent In A Rapidly Changing Industry – Rachel Kennedy
- Talent Leadership in a World Going Digital – Michelle Rife and Will Staney
- Innovative Ways to Enrich Your Talent Supply – Edie Goldberg
- A Frank Conversation Between the Ideal State of TA and Corporate Reality – David Barlaam and Brian Smith
- Leading Consultative Teams to Perform in the New Talent Acquisition Era Ahead – Jeremy Eskenazi
- Measuring Diversity and Inclusion Recruiting Peer Validation Session – Ben Gotkin
Expert-led Roundtable Discussions
Article Continues Below
The Perfect Match: 5 Steps for Building a Connection That Lasts
You wouldn’t buy a house or move to a new city if it wasn’t the right fit, but did you ever think in those terms about a job offer? Would you accept an offer if the company wasn’t a good match?
In this tight labor market, it’s not enough to get a candidate to show interest. You’ve got to get job seekers to connect with your company—so they’ll say yes to the offer. To learn how to attract great candidates by building a connection that lasts, download the free eBook today.
We have three different roundtable sessions where small groups will work peer to peer on challenges that are important to them. Besides the general audience we also have two separate roundtable sessions for in-house SMB attendees and agency and third-party recruiters.
- Harassment, gender issues, and recruiting
- Assessments, games, screens
- Branding and marketing
- RFPs and vendor selection
- Job postings and EVPs
- Managing hiring managers
- Candidate experience
- Improving your recruiting/talent acquisition career
- Recruiting passive candidates
- Tech recruiting
- Employee referrals
- Advanced job descriptions
- Golden State issues
- Structuring a TA department
- TA leadership
- Always Be Closing
- AI and future technologies
- Sourcing potpourri
- New/hot/interesting vendors
- Hourly and high volume recruiting
- Stay up to date with live posts April 3 and 4 via Twitter at #ererc or visit our check out our pages on Linkedin, Facebook Group, and Facebook Pages.
- We’ve got our eyes out for Hiretual, which will be launching a new product at ERE.
- We’re looking forward tomorrow to so many great activities and speakers such as the famous ERE roundtables, L’Oreal; British Telecom; Janice; and Gretchen.